Friday, January 20, 2006

Kampong

My Kampong

Serenity and tranquility. Nice panaromic view. This is the place where I would visit my grandparents. Located at Batu Pahat, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. See that white spot beside that pillar? Ha, thats me. LOL.

Unfortunately, my grandfather died on 2003. He was a great man. He worked as messenger of the RTS (Radio Television Singapore, now known as Mediacorp). My father once said that he would know all the programmes that are going to be shown on TV one week before it. Isn't that cool? Anyways, my grandfather was also hardworking. Every week, he would never forget to hoe the forests that belongs to him. Now, when he is not around, the forests are now fully covered by grass, tall grasses. No one is available to hoe it up. But luckily my father is helping out sometimes.

My grandfather once said to my father not to sell the land away. On the night before my grandfather died, my father which was at his workplace dreamt that my grandfather wanted to sell the land. My father was confused and he told himself that something is not right. Suddenly his handphone rang and the news came.

His death was a tragic one. Before he died he wished. Wished that he would return to God at his hometown. His wish came true. Thank God. May god bless his soul.

No comments: